History


Fleet Hospital was opened in 1897 and was funded by local subscription to the tune of 443.18s 4d

The land was donated by Lord Calthorpe under the covenant that:-


The site be used for Medical Provision for the Fleet and District Residents


The site has undergone many changes in the intervening years.  At present the future of Fleet Hospital looks secure, with many services based on site.  Indecent years a huge amount of money has been spent on upgrading the Outpatients Department, Calthorpe Unit and offices for Community based services.


Back View Hsp

Entrance to Site